Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm Seeing Red

 For some reason, when we first moved into our house, my husband and I thought it would be a good idea to paint our kitchen white. We have black counter tops and black back splash, so we thought, "Why not try a black and white theme?" As you can see, white walls with the cream floors really just wasn't working.  Plus, every room in our house is some type of color. We aren't beige people, granted you might think we've gone color overload. Being the color people that we are, we decided to paint our kitchen red. I think it really brigthens up the space and adds a little life to the kitchen.


I've had the hand-me-down dinette set for several years that really didn't match with the black theme. I haven't been able to find a pub style set that I really liked or cared to spend a fortune on. A friend recently blogged about a change to a mirror involving spray paint and I instantly had an idea: "Why not spray paint the table?" The base of the table is still in good condition and I like the way it looks in our nook. I even had bar stools in our sun room that were black to replace the ones that were falling apart. With one can of paint and five minutes to apply, the old table now fits. Now, to find a rug that will match...



1 comment: