Thank you Lord for providing me with a job I love where I can enjoy two months off in the summer! Don't get me wrong; it's not all play. My fellow teachers and I often work like dogs during the school year. But oh the summers, they are just glorious! The time of rest and reflection is much needed (and deserved if I do say so myself). I am going to miss my 8th grade students as they move on to high school. I taught many of them for two and a half years. While some days I was easily frustrated and annoyed, most days I left school feeling loved and laughed at little things that occurred throughout the day. I pray that they will seek the Lord and His wisdom as they experience some of the best days of their lives in high school.
So far my summer has started off pretty slow, which has been a welcomed change of pace. I actually didn't have enough hangers while I was doing laundry this week. It's never been completely done, with no clothes waiting in the laundry basket. I even cooked most meals at home this week, and new recipes at that! I know, the littlest things excite me. I promise I will do something more adventurous as the summer progresses. I have to in order to keep up with this little guy:
No comments:
Post a Comment